A little About myself

My name is Liz Rowan and I am 3X time cancer survivor, currently working on the fourth from Vancouver Washington.
I have an amazing twin sister, who's been my rock. Our mom died from breast cancer when we were 6. We grew up without a MOM, but always knew she was in our hearts.
My cancer battle began when I was 16, I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma of the jaw then we found out I had two forms of Breast Cancer. Then, on my 21st birthday I ended up in the hospital with low blood counts and two days later I was diagnosed with complex Leukemia.(AML). ...and here we are!

Saturday, December 1, 2012


"Liz"

Elizabeth Anne Rowan passed away November 29, 2012, from complications related to cancer treatment. 

The threat of losing Liz was always on the horizon, but the events of the last week unfolded quickly and were not expected. Services are being prepared and details will be forthcoming. 

On behalf of the family, Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband followed Liz and had such high hopes for her battle. I never told her he pased Dec 8, 2010. Fuck Cancer.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I wanted to let you know that I think of your family often. I have an beautiful butterfly stained glass picture that one of the girls made for me. It has been too many years to remember if it was Liz or Julia. Know that I will continue to think of your family and I will be praying for all of you.
Ms. Susan Deviny

Beth said...

Thoughts and prayers for your family during this difficult time. I checked this site often for updates from Liz. Thank you for posting her passing.

Unknown said...

Rod, Brandon and Julia. My thoughts are with you. Liz's legacy will live on through all who were touched by her courage and optimism. I will truly miss her.
-Shelley Larson

Jodi said...

I first learned of Liz through an article in The Columbian and have been following her blog ever since. I too appreciate you posting the news of her passing. Her story is what caught my attention, but it was her courage and strength that drew me back. My heart aches for you, her family and close friends ... may she be in peace.